Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold prepares the body for conception. Some of the key nutrients include:
- Antioxidants - are important for women attempting conception. Chances of conception increase in women with higher levels of antioxidants in the fluid surrounding their reproductive organs.
- CoQ10 - Levels of CoQ10 decrease with age. Adequate levels of CoQ10 in the expectant mother are associated with healthy early stages of pregnancy.
- Iodine - important for baby's normal brain development, eyesight and hearing. Optimising iodine levels before pregnancy can take up to 5 months.
- Fish oil - is a source of omega-3 long chain fatty acids. DHA is particularly important for the normal function of the brain, and for development of normal eyesight.
- Folic acid - Contains a daily dose of 500 µg of folic acid which may reduce the risk of neural tube defects if taken for 1 month pre-conceptually and during pregnancy.
- Vitamin C - is needed for hormone production and may help to stimulate normal ovulation. The developing egg needs adequate vitamin C to mature. The ovary contains one of the largest ascorbic acid stores in the body.
- Vitamin D3 - supports calcium absorption and is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones. Low vitamin D levels are common in women during pregnancy.
- Iron - a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Early foetal brain development requires adequate iron. As many as one quarter of Australian women have below recommended intakes of iron prior to conception.
- Zinc - essential to good health as it is involved in many enzyme reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc support normal conception and are essential for a healthy baby's normal growth and development.
- B group vitamins - play an essential role in the production of energy and support normal conception.
Once you fall pregnant we recommend you switch to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, a premium pregnancy formulation containing vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids beneficial for both mother and baby.
Active ingredients per tablet:
Iodine (as potassium iodide 197 µg) 150 µg, Folic acid 500 µg, Cupric sulphate anhydrous (Copper 1.3mg) 3.3 mg, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.5 mg, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 1.5 mg, Manganese sulphate monohydrate (Manganese 5 mg)15.4 mg, Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 15mg) 41.6 mg, Nicotinamide 20 mg, Ferrous fumarate (Iron 24 mg) 75.4 mg, Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 50 mg, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50 µg, Magnesium oxide - heavy (Magnesium 200 mg) 350 mg, Ascorbicacid 200 mg, Calcium ascorbate dihydrate (Total vitamin C 500 mg) 363 mg, Selenomethionine (Selenium 65 mcg) 161.5 mcg, Biotin 100µg, Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 5 mg) 4.6 mg
Active ingredients per capsule:
Fish oil - natural (tunaoil) containing omega-3 marine triglycerides approx 160 mg as: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 30 mg500mg, Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate 147 mg) 200 IU, Ubidecarenone (Coenzyme Q10) 60 mg, Vitamin 3 Cholecalciferol10 mcg) 400 IU, Betacarotene (from Dunaliella salina extract equiv. to fresh cell 37.5 mg) 1.5 mg
Adults - Take 1 capsule and 1 tablet daily with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Ideally taken up to six months before conception.